There’s a very special tradition that has been part of the Christian faith for two thousand years. It’s having a Godmother and Godfather present for the baptism of a child.
A Godfather is that very special man, another great dad, the father figure who promised to care for you in case your dad didn’t live until you were grown up. The Godfather is especially responsible for the spiritual well-being of a little boy (godson) or a little girl (goddaughter) under his care.
And a Godmother is a role model who would be responsible in case of the loss of her godchild’s mother. Because she knows the best things in life for the child, she can guide them as they grow and ensure they have a sound spiritual foundation.
A Godfather or Godmother is a best friend to the child put in their care.
They provide not only the important things the child needs to have, but they also provide all forms of support that can help the child live a balanced life.
This tradition was extra special in the past when life spans were much shorter, but the tradition is still important in bringing families together today.
Happy Father’s Day Godfather Quotes for a God Son
Have you ever wished your Godfather a Happy Father’s Day? He could be the closest you’ve got to your birth father.
If he is your dear dad, your super dad you will always cherish that season of the year up to the third Sunday of June each year.
You will always look for how to appreciate who is next to God in your life.
Do you know your Godfather is the greatest gift that life has ever given you? Come to think of it. Jesus is the greatest gift God gave the world.
He left His glory, honor, and majesty in heaven, and came down to earth to live a never-seen-before sacrificial life.
Likewise your Godfather, the amazing person, and the best man in your life. His unconditional love and good advice have always guided you down the right path. You should be grateful to have him in your life.
He is more than just a Godfather, he is a real man.
A man with a big heart, a man who is always there for you, no matter what. He has taught you how to put others first, and how to go the extra mile.
He has shown you what it means to be a true friend and has always been there to lift you when you are down.
Can you remember the many wonderful times you had together?
From playing catch in the park to movie nights, surely you have shared some amazing memories with the man who chose to stand by you in the uncertain journeys of life. You need to cherish those moments, the laughter, joy, and, comfort they brought into your life.
As you celebrate the special day set aside for fathers, especially Godfathers, you would need to take a moment to thank him for all that he has done for you.
You cannot afford to take such a great love for granted. Many are put there who are looking for who would move and care for them, but right from infancy, you have someone who volunteered to show you love, guide and watch over you till you become an adult.
What a blessed person you are!
Your Godfather has truly been a blessing in your life and you should be bold to publicly acknowledge this. You can also be proud to tell your acquaintances about him and send him warm wishes on every occasion of happy father’s day.
Always make it a very happy father’s day for him so that he will have every reason to rejoice in the fact that he has a good and well-trained godson.
Let your Godfather be proud of you. Let him not regret that he has spent efforts and resources on you.
The following quotes are for Godfathers
1. To my Godfather, who has always been there to guide me and support me with his love and care. Wishing you a very Happy Father’s Day
2. I am extremely fortunate to have a Godfather like you who has been a strong pillar of strength for me. Best Happy Fathers Day Wishes!
3. There is one thing for which I will always thank my parents and that is for choosing a Godfather like you for me. Warm wishes on Father’s Day to my Dear Godfather.
4. I am sure that God loves me a lot because he has given me a Godfather like you who is so full of affection and support for me. Happy Father’s Day to you.
5. My Father’s Day celebrations would be incomplete if I didn’t wish the one who makes this day extra special for me. Happy Father’s Day to my dearest Godfather.
6. Godfather is certainly the beautiful blend of God and Father. Wishing you happiness and health in life. Wishing my Dear Godfather a Happy Father’s Day.
7. To my loving Godfather, who made sure that he is always there to take care of me whenever I needed someone with me. Happy Father’s Day.
8. Wishing a very Happy Father’s Day to my Godfather who is the source of my strength and inspiration and who is always there with me, for me.
9. When you are around, I know that I have someone to fall back on.. Warm wishes on Father’s Day to the best Godfather in this world.
10. Unlike a regular dad, a Godfather is selected like a precious gift. You are a gift to me! Happy Father’s Day, Godfather!
11. You have always been special to me. I’m very grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day, Godfather!
12. Nobody can deny it You’re Fabulous! Happy Father’s Day, Godfather!
13. I got a great one! Lucky me!! Happy Father’s Day To My Great Godfather!!
14. I am so blessed to be able to spend my life with such a wonderful Godfather! Happy Father’s Day!
15. You deserve a fantastic day, Godfather! Hope you have one! Happy Father’s Day!
16. May your Father’s Day be happy, wonderful, and blessed! I love you, Godfather!
17. To my loving Godfather, who made sure that he is always there to take care of me whenever I needed someone with me. Happy Father’s Day.
18. Wish a very Happy Father’s Day to my Godfather who is the source of my strength and inspiration and who is always there with me, for me.
19. When you are around, I know that I have someone to fall back on. Warm wishes on Father’s Day to the best Godfather in this world.
20. I know I wasn’t easy to raise, but I respect you so much for keeping your faith in me. You never stopped believing in me, even when I did. I love you, Godfather.
21. My Father’s Day celebrations would be incomplete if I didn’t wish the one who makes this day extra special for me. Happy Father’s Day to my dearest Godfather.
Happy Father’s Day Godfather Quotes for a God Daughter
Are you a goddaughter who has a wonderful Godfather?
Then you need to appreciate the effort, love, support, and attention your God-given godfather has been giving to you.
You can use any special day, like father’s day to show him how much you care. A father’s day card will go a long way to make him happy and feel appreciated.
You got to let him know he holds a very special place in your heart and life, and that you are grateful for the role he played in your upbringing from the little princess he made you feel like to whom you’ve become today.
As a good godfather, he has been a source of strength and support, always there for you through thick and thin. His guidance and wisdom have helped shaped you into the person you are today and you cannot thank him enough for that.
From the moment he became your first-time dad, he has been the best father anyone could ask for. His hard work and dedication to providing for your family have been nothing short of amazing, and you should admire him for that.
Maybe you noticed your godfather is not just the best dad but also a wonderful man and a real hero.
With love and affection that know no bounds, you know how lucky you are to have him in your life. Let him know his efforts to make your life better have never gone unnoticed, and you are appreciating them more than words can express.
Make the next Father’s Day special and memorable for him. Use every means you know to express your gratitude and appreciation to him for being the coolest dad and the best Godfather ever.
Check out the quotes below. They are from people who have enjoyed the care and support of a Godfather.
Some of these will go great when you write them in your greeting card to your godfather.
1. I am thankful to God that you are my Godfather.
2. You are the best person in my life, my Godfather; thank you for always being there beside me to support me to the fullest and for not letting me down
3. Thank you for being there always when I needed you, Godfather, in my life
4. Thank you is merely an expression, but this feeling of gratitude is yet inexpressible for you, my God Father
5. When I see someone magnificent and outstanding in my life, I only see you as the one; thank you for always being there, Godfather.
6. Godfather, no matter even if I keep expressing my gratitude for you my entire life, still, it would never be sufficient for your efforts that you for me always!
7. Your support and love, Godfather, means a lot to me; thank you for everything that you gave me in life.
8. I have always been and will always be grateful to my Godfather.
9. My Godfather, you will always deserve appreciation in my life for all your hard work in making my life and my future better!
10. No one can ever care for me the way my Godfather does! And I am grateful to my God Father for this!
11. I feel so thankful to God for he sent you for me, Godfather!
12. Though I don’t say this often, you are peerless in my life Godfather, and I will always be thankful to you for everything.
13. My heart has always been and will always be full of appreciation and thankfulness for you, my loveliest Godfather.
14. A person like you is always hard to find, my Godfather, and now when I have been fortunate enough to have you as a part of my life then, I would love to express my thankfulness and gratefulness to you!
15. I wonder how someone can be so simple yet so peerless simultaneously as my unmatchable Godfather is! I would just like to say thank you.
16. There is no limit to my gratitude, just like there is no limit to your love and care for me! Though a small word but has a great meaning, THANK YOU is all that I want to say to you, my Godfather!
Happy Father’s Day Godfather Bible Quotes
If you are to write a piece on Father’s Day what would you write?
Surely you would remember your amazing father or Godfather. He has been the most important person in your life, and come to think of it, truly he is the closest thing to a real father that you can ever have.
On this Father’s Day, you must celebrate your Godfather and all the other Godfathers out there.
The Bible says, “he that waters shall be watered.” A good Godfather would sacrifice a lot for his God children, hence he needs to be celebrated.
The coming of your Godfather into your life has brought many wonderful things. For the young person that you were, he was the best person you had ever met.
He did not only make promises, but also create time to be with you, take you out to play, and listen to your little jokes.
On this Father’s Day, he deserves your happiest Father’s Day messages and the most heartfelt Father’s Day quotes.
You can use that to thank him and remind him that he is the reason behind some of the happiest moments of your life.
Prepare a special father’s day gift to surprise your Godfather with. Nothing is too much that you can give.
Even when you don’t have much to offer the love behind your action will pass your message to him. Think of some wildest Father’s Day wishes that you can use to communicate your message to him.
If your real father deserves to be recognized on father’s day celebrations, you also need to do the same for your Godfather. Both of them have done much for you in the course of your growing up.
It is the will of God that you honor your parents, especially your father so that you may live long.
The following father’s day Bible quotes will help you to convey to your Godfather God’s mind and desire for him.
As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. – Psalm 103:13 ESV
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. – Ephesians 6:4 ESV
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. – Proverbs 22:6 ESV
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. – Colossians 3:21 ESV
The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. – Proverbs 23:24 ESV
The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him! – Proverbs 20:7 ESV
In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge. – Proverbs 14:26 ESV
Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13 ESV
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 ESV
And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. Luke 15:20 ESV
It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? – Hebrews 12:7 ESV
Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. – Proverbs 23:22 ESV
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. – 3 John 1:4 ESV
For you know how, like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. – 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 ESV
Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. – 1 Peter 3:7 ESV
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? – Micah 6:8 ESV
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. – 1 Corinthians 13:11 ESV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27 ESV But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. –1 Timothy 5:8
Happy Father’s Day Quotes from the Movie the Godfather
As Father’s Day approaches, it is good to think about one of the greatest father figures in movie history: Vito Corleone, the titular Godfather in the iconic 1972 American crime film.
Marlon Brando brought the character to life on the big screen, and Mario Puzo’s novel provided the foundation for this legendary performance.
Anyone who has watched the movie will notice these two things about Vito Corleone’s character.
He was a loving father and a role model. Some people see him as a powerful figure in the world of organized crime, but the man had soft spots which make him have a special place in the hearts of many who had watched the movie.
The Godfather quotes that have become ingrained in popular culture are a testament to the wisdom and strength that he exuded in every scene.
From his close bond with his son Michael (played by Al Pacino) to his protective instincts toward his daughter, Vito showed us all what it meant to be a wonderful person and a true father figure.
Of course, The Godfather is not just a movie about a mafia don. It’s also a story about the lives of Italian immigrants and the challenges they faced as they tried to find their way in a new country.
Vito Corleone’s rise to power is a reflection of the struggles and triumphs of an entire community, and the film’s portrayal of family dynamics and first love only adds to its appeal.
Anyone can call The Godfather a crime film, but we can an important life lesson from it. That lesson is, tough men have soft spot for their loved ones, especially their children.
They too tried hard to guide them on the right path though the world might portray them as evil. They may have to face personal insults or professional obstacles, but they highly prioritize the education and mentoring of their loved ones.
The quotes below are memorable sayings from the iconic film “Godfather.”
“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” – Don Vito Corleone
“Revenge is a dish best served cold.” – Don Vito Corleone
“A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.” – Don Vito Corleone
“I want you to use all your powers and all your skills.” – Don Vito Corleone
“I want reliable people, people who aren’t going to be carried away.” – Don Corleone
“Friendship and money. Oil and water.” – Michael Corleone
“He’s been dying from the same heart attack for the last twenty years.” – Michael Corleone
“I respect those who tell me the truth no matter how hard it is.” – Michael Corleone
“Soldiers are paid to fight, the rebels aren’t.” – Michael Corleone
“Never hate your enemies. It clouds your judgement.” – Michael Corleone
“It’s not personal, Sonny. It’s strictly business.” – Tom Hagen
“The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.” – Don Altobello
“I don’t like violence, Tom. I’m a businessman. Blood is a big expense.” – Sollozzo
“Power wears out those who do not have it.” – Calo
“We don’t discuss business at the table.” – Sonny Corleone
To take the role of a father figure in the life of a child you did not give birth to and perform the role well is not an easy task. That is what a Godfather does for a godchild.
With grateful hearts and lots of appreciation, we say Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing Godfathers out there.